Saturday, June 25, 2011

Forget About It!

Literally, I almost forgot about the dream I had last night. I was about to call up my boyfriend to ask him what I told him, but then I remembered what it was about. So, my significant other had this uncle that lived in Chicago, and he wanted me to meet him, so we planned a trip to Chicago for a visit. His sister was his cousin in this dream, but not in the Deliverance/Alabama sort of way. In my dream, he was an only child. So we drove up to Chicago, and we were staying in this hotel at the top of a hill. The method of transportation by what was called a flubbub: something that's shaped like a roller coaster car, with the overhead bars, seat belts, and everything! So it cost about 50 cents to ride this thing, so we dropped in a few quarters and headed down hill. We passed by so many Italian restaurants, I started to think that Chicago was filled with nothing but Italian restaurants, or may be it was just that street. Either way, it kind of reminded me of a street that you would find in mid-town. So many decorations, all of the little outdoor seats, it was cute, from what I could see - the flubbub, you had to lay down in it, almost like a bobsled. That's what that thing reminded me of - I was trying to figure that out!

Anyway, we get down to his uncle's place - he had a place above the restaurant he owned. We were upstairs, visiting with him and his family. He was telling us, in a joking manner, not to talk his daughter into getting a tattoo. I told him I made no promises. If she got one, it was of her own free will, not me sweet talking her into it. Then I noticed that he, and some of his "associates", had tattoos under their elbows, with the word "brother" in cursive and the number 6 next to it. I asked about it, and he told me it represented him and his 5 brothers who died before him. They all came over from Sicily as young children, and tried to avoid mob-ties, but one of the brothers, just couldn't help it. They all worked together, but were not as bad as what we hear on tv. They eventually gave up the business, 5 of the brothers died of natural causes, and the remaining brother, he was like a don in the neighborhood, but again, he was a good guy.

After that, I just remember holding conversations with everyone and having dinner. Now I'm hungry. I guess that's my queue to go out and find food. So on that note, I am gone! Sweet dreams everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment