Monday, June 20, 2011

Musical Research

I always have this dream where I'm inside of a theater, and it's the same stage, and the same set up. Each time, it's something different going on. One time, it was a blues concert. Another time, an R&B concert. Once it was a talent show that I was directing. Another time, it was me, in elementary school, participating in a play. Always the same stage, just different productions.

So a few nights ago, the state returns, but this time, different inhabitants of the stage. So you all know I'm working on a doctorate in higher education. Well, I was in the dissertation stage of my doctorate, and I was about to do a performance associated. I had the weirdest topic, but I think it would actually work, if I tried it. So the topic was conducting various voices not located in one area. Basically, the people performing the music was constantly moving around the conductor, and to different spots of the performance area. We all started out on the stage, but eventually moved off into the audience, where we all were sitting in different sections of the stands. No matter where everyone was sitting, the voices were able to radiate through the arena.

Well, the music wasn't the only thing being reviewed - we were also using the decibels of each voice to produce water particles in the air, which in turn would cause it to rain. So instead of rain dancing, we had rain singing. The subjects had to sing at the right pitch in order to get it to rain, so we tried several attempts, finally getting it to work after the third try of going through the entire German song we used to sing in high school (can't remember the name, but I can play it on the flute really well). And another song that the girls sang, I call it the snow drift song. Dude, it was beautiful, and song well in the dream, too!

Anyway, after we did our thing, the next group up was some guy who was able to turn people into zombies based on the sound he produced (no, it was not Justin Bieber). Anyway, it started to rain, due to our music, so we moved everything inside the auditorium, to my "stage". I'm standing on stage, with my lab coat, and the zombies started moving in. Now granted, they were not the brain-eating zombies, nor were they dead. They were just regular folks, under a trance. One guy made me fall off the stage because he got to close to me. After I fell off the stage, my lab partners (which included my boyfriend, several of his friends and cousins) disappeared. This did not make me happy, but I played it cool. I walked over to the love seats stage left and sat there while Lord T and Eloise sang. Don't know where they came from. So they started to sing, and perform, and suddenly my boyfriend pops up and was like "You're not dancing?" I was tired! I just made it rain, folks, come ON! So he grabbed my hand and made me follow him to where everyone was - they were in their dorms, watching the concert away from the crowd.

I'm not going to talk about the rest of the dream, because it involved me wanting to beat folks down and tear them to pieces. I did, however, have another dream before that one of me, flying in the sky, over a field of saplings. Me and my old roommate, we were super heroes, and the scenery was beautiful! Then I woke up.

So that was it. If I dream of anything else between now and tomorrow morning, I'll tell you about. Until then, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment