Friday, August 12, 2011

More Angel For You To See!

I've had some cool dreams over the last few days, but due to the finals, I haven't been able to post anything. Thank goodness I am done because this last dream I had, WOW! I mean, it was awesome! I have been trying to figure out how I would tell it, if I should write it out like a short story or what, because that dream could easily be turned into a novel. So if anyone decides to take this and run with it, you are owing me a portion of the proceeds, 95%, due to the fact that these dreams are the sole property of Melodie V. Patterson, and not that of any other representative of Dee Dee Tech, Inc. I just made that up, but seriously, don't take this, or I'll cut you!

So I saw the movie Inception, FINALLY in its entirety. I must say that it helped to explain a lot in my dreams - well, at least it did for me. I found it an interesting movie. So let's get started on my dream. I found myself inside of a hotel, and I was waiting with a group of people to get on an elevator in the middle of the lobby. It kind of reminded me of the elevators in the hotels in Atlanta - all of them, really. It wasn't just one in particular, but a take on all of them. So we get on, and as I get on, I suddenly find myself outside of the elevator and falling down the elevator shaft. I was thinking I was about to die, but I managed to land on my feet. I was dressed differently from when I got into the elevator, I was wondering what had happened to cause me to just be falling in the elevator. So I walked over to one of the operators working on the cords and asked what in the world was going on. He told me that the elevators had crashed earlier in the week, and they were doing some maintenance. Now here I was, thinking oh, hell, I died in the elevator, and now I'm an angel or something, but how could this guy be talking to me?

So I crawl up out of the shaft, and go into the lobby of the hotel to see that everything had changed in just a few days. What was really strange was that there was a story on the news about the impending end of the world. I thought, well, damn, I couldn't have missed this, and some guy came up behind me and said "I see that you've made it back." Didn't know who this guy was, but apparently he knew me. I asked him what he was talking about, and he was like "You don't remember? Well, carrying souls home does take a lot out of you, but to have amnesia after a task, that's just odd!" Taking souls home? He finally goes on to tell me that I am the angel of death. Again? Yup, this time, I'm actually the angel of death, and I was assigned to the hotel to carry all of those folks to heaven. I don't mind having to help people, but why do I always have to help dead folks? It's getting to be depressing.

So as I'm trying to figure out what's going on in my life, and why is it that I suddenly forgot who I was (apparently it had never happened before), there were some other guys across town being helped out, but in the wrong way. Some guy was making a deal with the devil, and you could just see the evil pouring out of him. I mean it was like mud! So much so that when he would go to other parts of the town, a muddy cloud would just follow him. And when he would go and recruit his minions, that muddy cloud would infect them. There was a couple that was in a pool, and he was like "yeah, you two can get dirty", and just like that, they were waddling around in a pool full of mud. It was disgusting!

Needless to say, we eventually all met up for a battle. Thundering and lightening all over the place, me doing my impressive karate movies (I think that's because me and little bit were doing karate last night). And the mud, dude, it tried to get me. But of course, good conquered evil, we won, and the sky was still gray. Yes, it still stormed on! I guess it was because it was clearing out all of that mud.

So that was it for that dream. I just remembered that I did have a dream about tornadoes again. These were actual tornadoes, and I was actually able to see the funnel cloud form. None of that seeing them from far off. And so happens, my dad was with me. Kind of ironic being that I just found out some really bad news about him. He'll be fine, but he's got some stuff he needs to work out.

Other than that, I've finished for the summer semester! Now, lets bring on the fall...YAY!

2 comments: